Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

We have a winner!

Having emerged from my cave* yesterday to obtain a cup of coffee from ye olde seven-eleven, I happened upon some very exciting news. I, like many others, am very curious about who the Democratic Party will run for the Presidency in 2008. There's Al Gore... but he's already had one shot and probably won't appeal to the party bosses. There's Barack Obama... but he hasn't even finished one term as a senator yet. However charismatic he may be, there is a legitimate concern that he is too inexperienced. And, of course, there is Hilary Clinton, who unfortunately may be one of the least liked women in politics.** This range of options doesn't give me much hope- especially since I think Clinton might be able to win the party primary, but is probably unelectable in the general election.

What to do? Well, thanks to the kids at the Weekly World News*** we may actually have found a ticket that can win the White House:



I mean, hell, the Republicans have already proven that a mythical creature can run in an election, so it's obviously time that we followed suit!

Go, Sasquatch! Stomp 'em flat!


* i.e. the secure lab where I work on my dissertation.

** Then again, she has a really creepy bust on display so she has that going for her. I'd say you were thinking of the wrong kind of bust, but given what the sculpture actually includes, you're really not.

*** The only newspaper to carry important ecological news like this.

2 Comments:

Blogger Practicing Idealist said...

I have the strong urge to giggle. Too bad I'm in the office...; ).

Wednesday, January 17, 2007 12:08:00 PM  
Anonymous Another Sociologist said...

I'd totally vote for that ticket. Bigfoot could come in and revolutionize politics as we know them. What better person(?) to do so than a complete political outsider?

Wednesday, January 17, 2007 12:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter