Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Because I'm busy, damnit!

Today I'm afraid you won't get much of a blog post because I'm behind schedule. This is not attributable to any personal sloth so much as the necessities of the medical establishment. Specifically, I spent my morning being poked, probed, and tested as part of my ongoing bizarro medical issues. The results of this testing, at the moment, appear to primarily be that I do in fact have lungs that enable me to metabolize oxygen. Woo-hoo.

To keep you occupied while I try to catch up with my real work, allow me to direct you to the fine Webcomic xkcd. It won't take you long to figure out why I like this comic but, for those who are lazy, allow me to touch on a few of the high points:

A succinct explanation for my love of science:



An honest Valentine card:



An illustration of my attitude towards existential angst:



A portrait of James Bond as a young physicist:



And finally, the most romantic use of angular momentum I've ever seen:



So head on over and take a look. It's smart, it's fun, and it's a helluva lot more educational than this blog.

What more can you ask?

As a side note: My read of the author's page suggests he's cool with my linking to his images. If I'm wrong about that, somebody let me know.

As an additional side note: For those who are curious, my medical issues MAY be all fixed or I MAY need more surgery. Stay tuned- I should find out myself pretty soon now.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter