Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Leave me alone.

I'm sick right now. Blogging will be interrupted until such time as (a) my co-bloggers post something* or (b) the vomiting, chills, headache, and stiffness abate sufficiently for me to be upright for more than 5 minutes at a time. On the plus side, I've been able to keep Gatorade down for two whole hours, and watching foreign language music videos is surprisingly entertaining when you're medicated.

And the truly sad thing? Even feeling like death on a triscuit I still write more coherently than most of me students.


* This is not a not-so-subtle hint so much as a statement of fact.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Drek's Officemate said...

Drek, was the "most of me students" in the last paragraph a subtle jibe at your students' grasp of the English language, or a function of you being sick?

I've got my money on number 2, but figured I should give you the benefit of a doubt and ask.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 3:54:00 PM  
Blogger Drek said...

Actually I think it was (3) an aftershock of our conversation the other day about that student who wants to study abroad in Ireland, and our decision that the letter of recommendation probably should not include the phrase, "If she were any more Irish, kids would always be after her Lucky Charms."

I'm feeling better today, and should be back in the office tomorrow.

You know. For those who care.

Thursday, March 22, 2007 11:53:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter