Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Supermarket Apologetics

An alert reader recently made me aware of a YouTube video that has to be seen to be believed. It's an excerpt from a creationist film on evolution and it explains how the entire complex theory of evolution, a theory that is so well supported by evidence that its falsification is exceedingly unlikely, is in fact thwarted by none other than a canister of Jif.



Yes, ladies and gentlemen, that's right: peanut butter disproves evolution. Also: if my penis were a pogostick I could jump over the moon. Both statements are of equal veracity.

And if that punishing assault weren't enough, here we have Kirk Cameron and friend explaining how bananas are not just a delightful snack, they're also the atheist's worst nightmare!



So, as it turns out, peanut butter and bananas aren't just a cure for constipation, they're a challenge to my religious views. Oh no! My worldview is shattered! The truth of god's grace is right there before me at the local Safeway! What ever shall I do?

Eh. Probably just note the simple fact that these claims are utterly looney. Also, there's this guy:



And this guy:



So, all things considered, I think I'm going to sleep pretty well tonight. Hell, come to think of it, if this is the best* the religious fundamentalists can come up with, I'm going to sleep like a baby.



* Sadly, this ISN'T the best they can come up with, it's just distressingly convincing to people who should really know better.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter