Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Clearly a marketable idea...

A while back I wrote a post describing some of the dreams I had been having. They warranted a post because, in my view, the vivid and surreal quality of them just begged to be shared. As it happens, several of my readers seemed to agree.

Well, folks, last night was another fantastic dreaming night. I couldn't tell you exactly what it was about, really, but I do recall that it involved the internet.* More to the point it involved exposure to a number of internet ads. This, in and of itself, wouldn't be all that odd except my unconscious mind apparently decided that the normal popup ads weren't sufficiently interesting and decided to synthesize a few for me. The below is my best recreation of the most striking of these dream advertisements:



I can only assume that I have my Sainted Fiancee's obsession with America's Next Top Model and The Search for the Next Pussycat Doll to thank for that little gem. You wanna know what the hell of it is? I'm pretty sure that most Americans would watch that show if it was on. Seriously.

Okay, that's enough whining about my dreams for one day. Feel free to entertain yourself with other fantastical delusions if you like, but I think I've had enough for the day.


* If I had to guess, my spending some time last night virus scanning and backing up my computers probably set the tone for the evening's dreaming.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate to say it but before I read the post I assumed it was a real show. I figured FOX had actually gotten one of the Hiltons to shoot Don Rickles in the leg or something, and then had a bunch of want-to-be CSIs try to solve the crime. I was looking forward to a rant about how TV has finally turned to reality crime dramas. Oh well.

But you know, you totally should pitch the idea to FOX. I think they would go for it, and I know it will be a hit.

~FHR

Tuesday, April 03, 2007 12:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apparently I'm supposed to say that the above comment is "insightful". Personally I think the concept is frickin' hilarious -- I'd watch it.

~FHRGF

Tuesday, April 03, 2007 10:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter