Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Atheists are stoopid.

We make fun of a lot of people on this blog. The list of people we here at Total Drek have mocked and/or ridiculed includes, but is not limited to: freaky misogynists, Republicans, Democrats, Russian figure skaters, ourselves, religious fundamentalists, and Ralph Nader. Indeed, one wonders how we ever have time for serious commentary.*

Today, ladies and gentlemen, we add another group to that list: atheists. Now, y'all know that I'm an atheist. I am, in fact, rather strident about the whole thing and could probably be referred to as a devout, though not evangelical, atheist. Generally I don't mock atheists on the site both because (a) I am one and (b) it seems to me that others already have that covered. On the other hand, when I run into some well-done humor I have to nod my head. I point, of course, to the kids at Something Awful and their highly amusing feature "Leave a message in the Anonymous Atheist Complaint Box." You really have to read it to get the full impact, but the "complaints" run from the merely foolish:



To intolerant and mean spirited:



To the pragmatic:



To the rather disquieting:**



It's an amusing little feature that does a good job of lampooning the worst of my "ilk." Take a look and please enjoy. My fellow atheists and I tend to be irrascible assholes, true, but at least we have a sense of humor about it.


* Regular readers of this blog know the answer: we don't. Anything that resembles serious commentary is some kind of mistake.

** As a side note: No, it isn't "against atheism" although I think you may want to get out more.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger TDEC said...

To that first footnote, I don't buy it for a minute. There is a lot of pretty serious commentary here, albeit covered with a thin veneer of flippancy, just so that the Author can claim that no one can take it seriously. Not that there isn't a great deal of non-seriousness about as well...

Thursday, May 24, 2007 8:11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter