Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Friday, May 25, 2007

Just thought you should know...

Those who read the blog regularly may remember a while back when I remarked that my bizarre journey through modern medicine was not quite at an end. Indeed, for some months now I have been grappling with repeated trips to a variety of doctors, repeated blood tests, and an awfully large number of CT scans. As a matter of fact I'm fairly sure that if they shoot any more radiation into my body my children may end up with super powers.* Despite the inconvenience of all this, and the expense it imposes upon my household, I have been feeling relatively well and have generally maintained my usual calm exterior.



All the same it's a little weird knowing that there's a sort of "manufacturer's defect" in your body that could kill or cripple you at any unpredictable moment it damn well feels like. I was, therefore, happy when I made it through my last surgery successfully and was informed that they had "fixed the problem."

Yeah.

"Fixed."

Turns out that "fixed" in this case is a pretty vague term that doesn't mean "elminated the problem" so much as "well, it's somewhat less of a problem now, but could still annihilate you at its discretion." Fortunately for me I have not, thus far, experienced any of the complications I've been warned about:



Nevertheless, the threat is still there so, like it or not, I'm going to have to go into surgery again. Today in fact. As it happens, in all likelihood, by the time you read this I'll either already be in surgery or be finished with the procedure.

Wish me luck, be nice to my Sainted Fiancee, and I'll let you know when I'm up and around again.**

Yee-fucking-haa!


* Personally, I'm hoping for that whole "Nightcrawler" teleportation thing.

** Unless I die or suffer a major complication during the surgery- events that I am told are extremely unlikely to occur.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger TDEC said...

Hope you will be, er, all fixed and joyful when we next hear from you.

Friday, May 25, 2007 5:08:00 AM  
Blogger plain(s)feminist said...

We look forward to hearing from you when you get back. Get lots of rest, take care of yourself, yadda yadda, and let's hope this is the last surgery.

I'm sure you'll have some worthy reflections on the experience...

Friday, May 25, 2007 2:37:00 PM  
Blogger S.S.Stone said...

Sincerely wishing you the very best, peace and prayers. Sarah

Friday, May 25, 2007 10:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter