Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Monday, May 21, 2007

Lamest post ever.

Recently Tara Smith of Aetiology remarked on a new blogging meme making the rounds. The essence of it is to post a picture of your coffee cup and remark on whether or not you think it reflects your personality in some way. I am, as it happens, game for this today as I'm running late and have little interest in crafting some higher quality blog post. So, for those who are curious, here is my coffee mug:



What can I say? It's large, owing to my crushing caffeine addiction, and it's insulated, reflecting my preference for drinking my coffee over a long period. My Sainted Fiancee has a tendency to complain about how long it takes me to drink my coffee but, hey, some of us like to savor our morning dose of liquid crack. For those who can't read it clearly, my mug says "NRAO" on the side, which refers to the National Radio Astronomy Observatory, a gigantic organization that includes, among other things, the Very Large Array in New Mexico. Readers of this blog are well aware of my obsession with space so it should not surprise you that my family is also so aware. So, when my sister and her husband were on their honeymoon in New Mexico, they brought me back a coffee mug and a refrigerator magnet. That's the kind of gift that someone like me would really like, but most people would regard as totally lame.

To add to our coffee mug fun, allow me to also supply a picture of my Sainted Fiancee's coffee mug:



Those who, again, have difficulty reading will note that on the side it says "Queen of Everything." Needless to say, I like to think this mug works as a self-esteem booster. As I usually set the table for breakfast in the morning it's up to me to select coffee mugs for everyone. I'm a creature of habit, so the NRAO mug is a regular pick but the Queen cup only comes out, I like to joke, if my Fiancee hasn't been cranky. It goes without saying that the mug comes out more often than not.

And so, dear readers, we come to the end of the single most boring blog post ever.

Huzzah!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could liven it up by showing the things growing in your officemate's coffee mug.

:)

Monday, May 21, 2007 11:38:00 AM  
Blogger marc said...

On the contrary, I really like this post! But I'm always one for the mundane anyway. I do have a coffee cup collection on flickr but I'll spare you.

And with the smiley guy :)

Monday, May 21, 2007 8:12:00 PM  
Anonymous Drek's Officemate said...

Now I'm left wondering if the first comment was left by someone familiar with my coffee drinking habits, or if it was just a random comment...

Monday, May 28, 2007 1:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter