Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Friday, July 13, 2007

Graduate School: It's everywhere you don't want to be.

This really has nothing to do with anything, I just felt like sharing:

Getting into Graduate School: One arm.

Completing your Master's Thesis: One leg.

Surviving Comprehensive Examinations: One pound of flesh.

Riding herd on a Dissertation Committee: Every shred of sanity you once possessed.

Revising a scientific paper while listening to George Clinton's "Erotic City": Priceless.

Some things in life are priceless, for everything else, there are extraneous body parts.


All joking aside, I am really glad I came to grad school, and value the time I've spent here. I'm looking forward to being done, true, but I'm not displeased with the experience. I'm just exercising my right to bitch about it anyway, and thought we could all do with something a little lighter after the last two days.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter