Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Saturday, July 14, 2007

IFAQ: Get to know yr (MIA) blogger a little

Very nice of Tom to tag me for this meme, and just in time for the ASA blogger get-together. Just because I haven't blogged in a long time doesn't mean I haven't been reading. I had to dust off the blogger account just to log in, but here goes--eight random things about me:

1. I'm 5'6" tall, which is a couple inches taller than the average American woman. Yet, "regular" jeans are too long for me.

2. My dog's name is Maggie.

3. Magnetix are my favorite toy. Of course, they have killed at least one kid and been recalled, but hey, cool magnets!

4. I am one of the two grad students who invited Edwin Amenta to a pick-up game on a sand lot in NYC, thus setting the stage for Professor Baseball.

5. I just moved into a new house yesterday. Now, not only do I have my own office, but my office has its own deck. Ah, the joys of living somewhere other than one of the cool cities.

6. I am right-handed, and I shoot right-handed in hockey. This is backwards, and it is the fault of an old boyfriend who didn't know what he was talking about, yet felt qualified to teach me how to hold a hockey stick.

7. I think the sociologists in the Sexualities section of the ASA are generally sexier than the average sociologist. I don't think those in the Sex and Gender section are more gendered.

8. I just got LASIK in May, and I now see 20/20 for the first time perhaps ever, or at least since my first pair of glasses at 8 years old.

3 Comments:

Blogger plain(s)feminist said...

On the jeans thing - it's all about torso v. leg length. I'm nearly 5'11", and I have trouble with tall jeans being too long.

Sunday, July 15, 2007 7:43:00 AM  
Blogger alan said...

An office with its own deck? *Nice*!

Sunday, July 15, 2007 8:23:00 AM  
Blogger Tom Bozzo said...

I sometimes think the world generally would be a better place with more durable, more tailored, clothes. (This is more of an issue for Suzanne, who is too short even for most 'petites;' I'm in a gray area between regular and long sizes.)

As for the benefits of not living in a cool city, the biggest and (to date) most expensive house on our street is owned by a history professor who came to Madison from the SF Bay area. I gather that she uses one of her bedrooms as an office (a front bedroom, though, so no deck).

#7 -- self-selection issues, maybe?

Tuesday, July 17, 2007 9:23:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter