Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

A little emo for the day...

I am usually loathe to spend time on the blog discussing my own personal life. This is not to say that I don't mention it- my personal life is touched on frequently in passing- it's just that I don't want this to turn into some dark blog with poetry and an audio file of Slipknot or some idiocy like that. I am really not an interesting enough individual to warrant an entire blog.

That said, today I am making an exception because I have news. Many of you are aware that I have, for some months now, been dealing with a bizarre medical issue. I mentioned it last about two months ago when I had my most recent surgery. This was surgery that went about as bad as it could without crossing over into BAD, if you get my meaning. It was successful but rather longer and more unpleasant than anticipated. Following that procedure the doctor informed me that the problem was solved... but then, he had told me that before. My particular problem has proven to be quite tenacious despite all expectations.

It was, therefore, with a certain amount of concern that I went back into the hospital recently for the battery of tests* that were intended to determine whether or not the problem had, really and truly, been fixed. Improbably, the answer appears to be yes. For the first time in quite a while my chances of suffering certain sorts of very dangerous medical issues are no greater than anyone else of my sex, age, and fitness level. My sojourn into modern medicine appears, at least for the time being, to be at an end.

And I just wanted to tell y'all about it. Hope you don't mind.


* Seriously, I've had enough radiation shot into me in the last 12 months to grant me super powers.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger TDEC said...

I am really glad to hear that finally that is, er, cleared up. I hope you get those superpowers, and a nice meal.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007 11:04:00 AM  
Blogger tina said...

That's awesome, Drek. I'm glad to hear it.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007 11:33:00 AM  
Blogger jeremy said...

I'm glad to hear this!

Tuesday, July 24, 2007 5:50:00 PM  
Anonymous david said...

Great news! Hope that means you'll be with us for a long time.

Thursday, July 26, 2007 9:57:00 PM  
Blogger ΕΡΜΕΣ said...

outstanding! a lot of my friends seem to be getting bizarre illnesses and medical conditions lately, so its good to hear when one gets over something.

maybe i'll multiclass to sociologist/cleric so i can learn "cure light wounds" for use on all you people.

Friday, July 27, 2007 8:46:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter