Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Nicely explained.

Regular readers of the blog know that I have something of an axe to grind with a number of creationists. It isn't that I don't think you can be allowed to believe that everything was created in place if you choose to, but I object to seeing science perverted in order to support such a ludicrous notion. Hell, I've even spent considerable time dealing with these sorts of issues in the past. Thankfully, however, it turns out that I'm not the only one with a yen for debunking the dubious claims of xientists. Amazingly, we now have a nice series of YouTube videos that do a very nice job for me. For example, there's this effort explaining why creationist probability calculations are so utterly flawed:



And then there's this effort to explain a few "fun facts" about the solar system:



They're interesting, they're informative, and they're just the tip of the iceberg because there's a whole series of such videos by the same producer. Including this brilliantly-scathing one:



Check them out, enjoy, and stop bugging me.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Anomie said...

Great videos! Thanks for sharing!

Thursday, December 13, 2007 12:17:00 PM  
Blogger TDEC said...

The videos are great. I kind of wish they didn't have the "creationists are stoopid!" ending, I don't think it's necessary, but there you go. I'll keep it in mind for my next discussion with the resident creationist.

Monday, December 17, 2007 5:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter