Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Total Drek receives a ten from the East German judge.

Some of you may notice that blogging (from me at least) is light this week. The reason is not that I've grown bored of blogging,* but rather that I am presently assisting my wife with important work of her own. As such my schedule right now is pretty chaotic. Sorry about that but, hey, I live with her and just correspond with you on the internet- you do the math.

In the meantime, a loyal reader recently made me aware of something that I can only describe as "truly awesome." It sums up, in one video clip, both the reasons why I avoid watching local news and the most compelling argument to date as to why I should stop:



I dunno what's best: the totally deadpan way the announcer reads the note or the woman's final remarks.** Classic.

That's all from me today- tune in again on Friday for more Drekish goodness.

Or, you know, don't. It's up to you.


* As it happens I'm more or less convinced that blogging has become a nervous habit for me. Some people drink, I blog. I leave it as an exercise for the reader to decide which is more self-destructive.

** Note that the source of my amusement is not the theft of a Jesus statue but, rather, the mismatch between the humor of the ransom note and the total lack thereof in the "victim." All this story needs to be complete is Frank Drebin.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous mralarm said...

... and she noticed two sets of footprints in the snow: one belonging to a weiner-poopie hater, and the other belonging to the Lord.

haha. a cautionary tale to dog owners, think twice before not picking up your pet's "leavings."

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 2:59:00 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

My Phrase of the Day is definitely "wiener poopie."

Now, pardon me, I have to go fill some young minds with wiener poopie.

Thursday, February 14, 2008 10:53:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter