Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Monday, April 07, 2008

This thing is obviously broken.

Thanks to my friends over at Marginal Utility I recently became aware of a little gizmo that determines how much profanity* you use in your blog. Always game for an experiment, I decided to check and see just how foul Total Drek really is. The answer may, believe it or not, surprise you:

The Blog-O-Cuss Meter - Do you cuss a lot in your blog or website?
Created by OnePlusYou

Okay, let me rephrase that. It won't surprise anyone that my profanity rating is "high" but, that said, only 18% of the pages on this blog contain swearing? Really? I mean, let's face it, I once used the expression "Jesus titty-fucking Christ" in a blog post. How is it that my profanity level is only 18%? Don't I get bonus points for variety or something? I scored only 6/10ths of a percntage point higher than my compadres on Marginal Utility and, let's face it, they're a lot more mature than I am.

I just... I dunno. I feel like I've failed somehow.


* Technically, they use the word "cussing" but I find this term rather absurd in regular conversation. It's a little like an adult saying, "I have to go poopy." Sure, we all get the point, but there are less infantile ways of expressing the same idea.**

** Note that I am not denigrating the parents out there who get into the habit of saying things like this when their children are young. Trust me, I'm cool with y'all.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger tina said...

Poopyhead.

Monday, April 07, 2008 10:31:00 AM  
Blogger Warbler said...

That's fuckin' bullshit, man. Hereforth, I'll do my level-headed best to keep my own contributions eggregiously filled with genitalia, excrement, and references to procreative activities. So... um... penis!

Monday, April 07, 2008 2:48:00 PM  
Blogger Marf said...

I just ran my blog through that and it came back with only 0.9%

Monday, April 07, 2008 6:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter