Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Thursday, May 01, 2008

Total Drek One Sentence Book Reviews

In the interest of having something to suck up a blog post that will not take up a lot of time* I'm starting a new occasional** feature: one sentence book reviews. My wife and I read quite a bit so these provide us with a handy way to share our recommendations and thoughts with y'all, without actually having to go to all the trouble of writing a considered, thoughtful review. So, hey, lucky you.

Today's Review: The Moosewood Collective Cookbook: New Classics.

Pages: 496

Price: Available from Amazon.com for the low, low price of $17.13.

Genre: Vegeterian cooking.

One Sentence Reviews:

Drek's Wife: "It's like they have a theory about what tastes good together, but it's never been empirically validated."

Drek: "I hope you like squash, because you're going to be eating a helluva lot of it."





* In case you haven't guessed from the truly pathetic showing this week, I'm a tad busy at the moment.

** Meaning "whenever I damned well feel like it."

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger TDEC said...

Whee! Just the kind of pointless entertainment the TDEC likes. Can I badger Slag into doing one too? I'm curious what he'd write. And yeah, agreed on the Moosewood. Though mostly I'm just too lazy to make their 25-ingredient recipes.

Thursday, May 01, 2008 11:18:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with both of you, especially Mrs. Drek. (And I'm a vegetarian.)

Friday, May 02, 2008 4:58:00 AM  
Blogger S.S.STONE said...

KISS=Keep It Short and Simple, great idea for posting!

Book cover looks Canadian.
Love squash.
Blending flavours is an art.

TDEC-25 ingredient recipes? Won't be buying this book anytime soon! ;)

Friday, May 02, 2008 6:56:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter