Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Monday, June 23, 2008

It's back and it's pissed off!

Longtime readers of this blog probably remember the semi-annual excursion that has come to be known as the "Misery Journey." The name derives from the often amusing webcomic "College Roomies From Hell" and has been written about several times before. In short, I sometimes need to leave town for an ongoing research effort and, despite last year's reprieve, that time has come again.

These trips, as the name suggests, are something less than fully enjoyable most years. I have a good time, but they are accompanied by significant physical discomfort. As such, they are both looked forward to and dreaded in equal measures. It is for certain that they are not as uplifting as the trips some other people get to take:



Sadly, this year's trip promises to be even more uncomfortable because my return will be followed immediately by a move to a new apartment where the utilities will not yet be fully connected. As such, much as I am sorry about this, you should all be prepared for an unusally lengthy hiatus in my blogging. My esteemed co-bloggers, of course, may well post but I think most of them have far, far better things to do with their time. You know... like pick lint out of their belly-buttons.

So, aside from the possible, though unlikely, on-the-road post, you shouldn't expect to see anything here for a while. I appreciate your patience, and I'll "see" you if when I return.*

Ciao!


* For those who are curious, my wife is also accompanying me, which will surely improve my lot substantially while worsening hers.

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger yli said...

wow, misery journey for you, mistery journey for your readers...

good luck!

Monday, June 23, 2008 6:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter