Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Teh stupid. It burns.

I just... wow. He actually went through with it:



The final version is, apparently, this, which is little changed from the version I remarked upon previously. Particularly, the same moronic "affiliations" are present in the letter, and he did CC it to Congress, among other places. I have to admit (and will elaborate upon this later) that I am growing quite sick of watching the ongoing nonsense at Conservapedia. I rather expect that a hiatus in my Conservapedia-bashing is in the works- not because they aren't bash worthy, but because I can only shovel so much shit before I need a break. Sadly, however, the Lenski affair is much like a terrible auto wreck: you don't want to watch, but you just can't look away. Hopefully, this particular slow-motion debacle will resolve itself before my sanity is entirely lost.

I know, I know: too late.

On a more amusing if unrelated* note, I recently encountered a comic over on xkcd to which my reaction was, in a nutshell, man does that take me back:



Ah, I remember the glorious days of my youth when paradise was just a bra-clasp away. A bra-clasp that I had no earthly idea how to operate, mind you, but that's hardly the point.**

Misty water colored memories, indeed.


* Although I suppose it is semi-related in the sense that I wonder if Schlafly's tendency to be an ass is related to sexual repression of some kind.

** When are sex education courses going to include that kind of useful how-to information? I ask you!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter