Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Who gets to do this kinda thing?

This semester I find myself teaching a new course for the first time in a long while. That is to say, I've taught before but have stuck to the same class for a number of years. And, so long as we're on the subject, that course has traditionally been thought of as dull.* This semester I am teaching a new course and, while I'm ironing out snags involving excessively difficult readings and uneven lectures, it's going okay.

The best thing, though?

The best thing is that some of my students seem really interested and it gives me a chance to talk about some fun stuff. I mean, orgasmically fun material.

Today I managed to end up talking about the Kardashev scale. In a sociology class.

I. Love. My. Job.


* Seriously: not my fault.

Cross-posted over on Scatterplot.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Marf said...

Ah, yes. I am familiar with the Kardashev scale. Did you go into type 2 and dyson spheres?

Wednesday, September 10, 2008 4:18:00 PM  
Blogger Drek said...

Believe it or not... yes, I actually did.

Thursday, September 11, 2008 5:58:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter