Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Monday, November 17, 2008

Section for the Sociology of Vampires?

The Scene: Drek and his wife are getting ready for work while listening to NPR. During one of the infrequent commercial breaks, they learn than today's news report is sponsored by the upcoming film, Twilight, which is advertised as a love story between a human and a vampire.

Drek's Wife: That's really funny.

Drek: What?

Drek's Wife: They're talking about it like it's real. 'A love story between a human and a vampire.'

Drek: *Laughs* You're right. It would have been great to have been in the recording booth to see him bust that line out so seriously.

Drek's Wife: Yeah, you gotta watch that inter-species love. It's even harder to manage that cross-class marriages. 'He was a socialite, she came from the wrong side of the tracks...'

Drek: *Laughs* Yeah, you know what the theme song is for Twilight?

Drek's Wife: What?

Drek: Uptown Girl.

Drek's Wife: *Laughs*

Drek: Mor-tal girl, she's been living in her red blood world!

Drek's Wife: *Laughs*




For the curious:

Mortal Girl With apologies to Billy Joel:

Mortal Girl

She's been living in her red blood world
I bet she never had a fang-ed guy
I bet her mama never told her why

I'm gonna try for a mortal girl
She's been living in her red blood world
As long as anyone with cold blood can
And now she's looking for an undead man
That's what I am

And when she knows what
She wants from her time
And when she wakes up
And makes up her mind

She'll see I'm not so dead
Just because
I'm in love with a mortal girl
You know I've seen her in her red blood world
She's getting tired of her mortal coil
And all her presents from her human boys
She's got a choice

Mortal girl
You know I can't afford to see the sun
But maybe someday when my ship comes in
She'll understand what kind of guy I've been
And then I'll win

And when she's walking
She's looking so fine
And when she's talking
She'll say that she's mine

She'll say I'm not so dead
Just because
I'm in love
With a mortal girl
She's been living in her red blood world
As long as anyone with cold blood can
And now she's looking for an undead man
That's what I am

Mortal girl
She's my mortal girl
You know I'm in love
With a mortal girl

My mortal girl
Dont you know I'm in love
With a mortal girl
My human girl
Dont you know I'm in love
With a mortal girl
My human girl

Gotta bite her!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent. - Drek's Sainted Wife

Monday, November 17, 2008 11:58:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter