Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Friday, January 23, 2009

This is for you, Soc Shrine.

The monks over on The Soc Shrine recently asked for my opinion on the whole "Obama didn't say the oath of office right" thing. It goes without saying that asking for my opinion is rarely, if ever, a good idea. Nonetheless, I do have a response for them.

While I was busy yesterday with dryer repair and other more work-related tasks that kept me away from blogging, I did hear an NPR story on Obama's do-over with the oath of office. This triggered a conversation with my wife that went something like this:

Drek: Goddamnit! I know he had to do that, but I really wish he hadn't.

Drek's Wife: Why?

Drek: Because now Andrew Schlafly is going to be posting some headline like, "Obama took the oath of office a second time in private; was it using a Koran?" Because, you'll recall, Obama is a secret Muslim.

Drek's Wife: Sigh Yeah. You're probably right.

The sigh is because my wife has learned to fear my occasional rants about Conservapedia. Addictions are always hardest on the ones we love.

Anyway, yep, as suspected, I did not have long to wait:



Or, in plain text:

Barack Obama did not use a Bible when he took his real oath in private.


Amusingly, Conservapedia now seems consumed with the issue of whether or not his style of dance indicates he's a secret Muslim or, alternatively, if his supposed lack of a bible at the second ceremony reveals the "un-christian character" of his staffers.

Honestly, though, even I can't stomach those assholes right now. So if you want to know more, you're on your own.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter