Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Uh... thanks?

As many of you know I was recently declared the Dauphin of All Socio-Blogging (D.O.A.S.B.) by the monks at The Soc Shrine in recognition of my gradual descent into madness. I was, of course, appropriately honored by the prize.

Well folks, now I'm feeling a little more conflicted. It appears that The Soc Shrine is closing down. Again. Moreover, they chose to say farewell to those of us they have been aggregating:

K.O.A.S.B., we’re sure you’ve Leechblocked us (along with yourself), but we do want you to know that we still wear your t-shirt (above) with pride. It was your wit and wisdom that got us into this, so, really, this whole thing was your fault. Brayden-one-ear, le monstre bleu, Fabs-the-Fabulosa, tf da Grandmaster of Suomisaundi, WITW, that one older guy, interminable habitus crisis, the chairman of st. paul, Pandit S.K. Malinky, REthinkingWITW, ______ (^insert your blog name), keep on keeping on. D.O.A.S.B., let this cup…pass to you. We can go…no further. You must…carry on in our stead. You…must. We beg that the Dauphin honor our final request.


And it's that last part that concerns me. The cup has been passed? To me?! It's my job now to render semi-impenetrable commentary on other soc bloggers* and post obscure music YouTube videos? Is this what I get for being honest?





Uh... okay?

Soc Shrine, you will be missed if only because I'm going to suck at this. Yikes- you should have passed me a different cup.


* As opposed to right now when my commentary is relatively straightforward, albeit stupid.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger brayden said...

*sniff*

I hate it when they leave.

Thursday, February 26, 2009 11:42:00 AM  
Blogger Jay Livingston said...

Just when they have a post with two or three sentences I can actually understand, they decide to go underground. But who is "that one older guy"?

Friday, February 27, 2009 5:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter