Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Friday, March 06, 2009

Best. Comic. Ever.

Finding this funny is an antecedent variable to being regarded as my friend. You have been warned.



Now, here's the real fun. I posted almost this exact same thing over on Scatterplot. How long do you think it will take for someone to point out archly that since we have information on the ordering of events (i.e. first he thought correlation=causation, then he took a statistics class, then he decided correlation didn't equal causation) we may be able to infer causation? I bet we get it in five comments or less.


Special thanks to xkcd for the awesome.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And now I arrive here after making your prediction true! I don't know if that makes me special, or an ass. I'm guessing both. -shakha

Friday, March 06, 2009 10:14:00 AM  
Blogger Jay Livingston said...

Like Ali calling the round, you win your bet. Shakha in 4.

I blogged this one too. Any bets as to how many other soc bloggers will do likewise?

Friday, March 06, 2009 10:38:00 AM  
Blogger Sarahliz said...

Shakha- Perhaps this makes you a special ass.

I'm really happy that xkcd is doing more stats jokes lately. Nerd inclusivity is important to me.

Sunday, March 08, 2009 2:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter