Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Bravo.



As a side note: I think I've been to this dinner party. My wife is usually equally desirous that I hold my tongue. Usually I do. Damned if I understand, however, why it's not impolite for someone to spout off poorly informed horseshit and it is impolite for me to call them on it.

Well, okay, I do understand that, I just think it's stupid. Never mind.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger LemmusLemmus said...

So what's the answer? Why is it not impolite for someone to spout off poorly informed horseshit while it is impolite for someone to call them on it? Seriously. If someone walked around hitting people it would be o.k. to knock him/her out, wouldn't it?

Wednesday, April 15, 2009 10:31:00 AM  
Blogger Drek said...

Keeping in mind I didn't promise the answer wasn't stupid:

It's because stating your opinion- even if it's incorrect- is considered to be polite.

Disagreeing with someone else's opinion- even if they're wrong- is considered to be impolite.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009 10:56:00 AM  
Blogger tina said...

I have been to many dinner parties of all Storms and one Tina. It would take days of ranting to recover.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009 12:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter