Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Friday, May 15, 2009

"Now go away and let Daddy drink."

When I was in high school there was this one substitute teacher who was infamous. I say "infamous" because she was well and truly terrible at her job. She was the sort of old, broken down sub who was just trying to suffer her way through the last few years until retirement and didn't really give a damn about you, your material, or your education. Oh, and she never went anywhere without clutching a mug in her claw-like fingers that smelled suspiciously of rum. Generally, if you arrived in class and discovered her instead of your usual teacher you knew that you had about an 80% chance of coasting easily through class, and a 20% chance of ending up with a detention for some incomprehensible reason. Like wearing shorts that ended above the ankle or something like that. Anyway, one of her favorite approaches to class was to find some video or filmstrip to make us watch, so that she could sit at her desk and do... who knows what. Drink, probably, and muse over her wasted youth. In any case, in honor of that sub, please enjoy today's filmstrip. You ungrateful little bastards.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter