Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Monday, May 11, 2009

Sorry. Still not awesome.

So the other day I was checking out Penny Arcade and noticed something a little... strange. Specifically, I saw a sidebar advertisement that had all the signs of being some sort of weird Korean role playing game. That is, except for one little thing. Take a look at the screenshot I took and tell me if you see anything that isn't quite... right:



If you said "Golf," then you're right! Despite the presence of dragons and people with tight clothes, huge heads,* and swords, this is not some kind of weird anime-themed fantasy game. It's a frickin online golf game. If you follow the link one eventually ends up at Pangya, which is as weird on first glance as you would expect:



And if that's not enough of a mind job, try one of the (many) trailers:



It's not that I object to trying to make golf awesome but... I mean... they're trying to make golf awesome!

Hell, guys, best of luck.


* And I mean HUGE. Given that the eyes are even more oversized, I'm fairly sure any one of these characters could see the Galilean satellites unaided.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter