Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Friday, May 29, 2009

Well, at least we both have a fondness for wire work.

My wife and I were recently talking about movies we liked as children. As is frequently the case, however, we found that our picks were often a smidge... different. For example, she's a big fan of Mary Poppins:



While I, on the other hand, have a peculiar fondness for The Green Slime:



And the truly funny part? Both movies are rated "G". Seriously.*


* I actually had a hard time tracking down the rating for Mary Poppins.** I ended up looking for it in the parents guide over on IMDB, which is an absolute blast to read. I took a screenshot just to preserve the magnificence:



** Yes, folks, that is the level of fact checking I try to employ around here. I actually took the time to try to CONFIRM that Mary Friggin Poppins is rated "G."

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous John said...

I've never watched Mary Poppins all the way through, but now that I see those descriptions I think I might have to add it to my Netflix queue.

Friday, May 29, 2009 9:09:00 AM  
Anonymous gabriel Rossman said...

aha, your fact checking is inadequate. the MPAA ratings weren't established until 1968 so the G-rating is retroactive. at the time of its release it was merely "approved"

Sunday, May 31, 2009 4:55:00 PM  
Blogger Drek said...

Hey Gabriel,

Actually, I'm aware of that. Nevertheless, when it received a rating, it was rated 'G'. For my purposes here the timing isn't important.

And if you enjoyed that lapse in fact checking, you should love the ones I usually engage in!

Monday, June 01, 2009 5:54:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter