Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

An interesting approach to campaign finance.

So while cruising the old interwebs recently I ran across an exciting new political website. I refer, of course, to SarahPAC, the political action committee of Sarah Palin. Yes, that Sarah Palin. Feel free to flinch. In any case, it more or less looks like the typical PAC page except for one little thing. Now, in order to see what I mean, first look at this screenshot from SarahPAC:



See, that boxed in section reads:

Please note: There are many websites claiming to support Sarah Palin. SarahPAC.com is the ONLY political action committee authorized by Sarah Palin. [emphasis added]


Yeah, I hate those poser SarahPAC websites! I just want the real deal! Anyway, whatever humor can be wrung from this sentence is not my point. My point comes from scrolling further down the page, as captured in this second screenshot:



Now, the first box I inserted just reaffirms the above:

The Official Sarah Palin PAC


But the second... oh, the second is what makes my entire day:

Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee


Okay, so, let's sum up: SarahPAC is the "Official Sarah Palin PAC" and is the only political action committee "...authorized by Sarah Palin." Yet, at the same time, it is "Not authorized by any candidate." Seriously? We can do that? We can create "official" PACs oriented feeding our egos and eventual campaigns while simultaneously disavowing any responsibility? I think there is obvious potential here!

In light of these developments, I would like to announce that a group of concerned citizens has decided to start DrekPAC, the only official political action committee authorized by Drek the Uninteresting!* Check out this super awesome mockup they've already produced:



We accept cash, check, credit card, precious metals, and research grants. Operators are standing by!


* Not authorized by any blogger or blogger's committee.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger LemmusLemmus said...

As far as Palin photos are concerned, I prefer this one.

Tuesday, July 21, 2009 1:07:00 PM  
Blogger Marf said...

My reaction to Palin is basically a facepalm. I'm glad we're rid of has as our governor. (I'm Alaskan)

Although is she, technically, a candidate (for anything) right now?

Sunday, August 09, 2009 2:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter