Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Monday, September 28, 2009

I admit, I'm baffled.

So, I know who Glenn Beck is. He's the guy who said that President Obama hates white culture and, when asked about it, offered a reply* that makes Michael Scott look coherent:



He's the guy who pretended to boil a frog on live t.v. to make a point about what a live frog would do:



So, yes, I understand that Glenn Beck is a no talent ass-clown who makes his living by spewing damned near incoherent nonsense at a gullible public. Fine. I understand this. But here's the thing: can anyone tell me why on the cover of his new book he's dressed like... well... a Nazi?**



Or, if not a Nazi, then at least a border guard or- at the bare minimum- a ticket agent from a totalitarian state? I mean, seriously, what the f-ing crap is going on with this guy's public image? Also, why is the R in "Arguing" backwards? Is he an illiterate Nazi? Because I've seen that movie and Kate Winslet does a way better job.

Seriously, I'm confused.


* If you're curious, here's where he said it.

** This is not technically an instance of Godwin's Law because I'm not comparing him to a Nazi, I'm merely asking why he's dressed like a Nazi.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, he's not a Nazi he's Russian, thus the backwards R. It's supposed to look Cyrillic and shit. I believe he’s playing on his Obama’s got all these czars and is therefore like Stalin shtick.

~FHR

Monday, September 28, 2009 1:26:00 PM  
Blogger scripto said...

It's not supposed to make sense. The key is to hit certain emotive points, understood mainly by the regular audience. Don't expect logic, consistency or evidence. There ain't none. Skousen's revenge.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009 7:55:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter