Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Monday, September 14, 2009

It's all relative...

Last night I happened to stumble upon this rather interesting video clip about the difficulties faced by an atheist high school student:



The show is old, so you shouldn't get up in arms about things. The legal case has been settled already so, yeah, old news. All the same, I found that I was much more impressed by young Nicole than by her father, who was somewhat less than articulate. This upset me a bit since, I like to see good arguments made for atheism on the rare occasions when we have the chance to make them.* Fortunately for me, I then remembered what the opposition is like:



As it turns out, it isn't necessary that one be articulate so much as just that one not make as much of an ass of oneself as the opposition. And on that basis, I think we're doing just fine.


* Someone will surely read this and want to tell me about how atheists are jamming their views down everybody else's throats. Sure, right, and how many times have atheists knocked on your door to ask you to accept science? I'm guessing none.

For those who are curious, yes this post is lame, and yes that's because I don't have a lot of time today. Just the way it does sometimes, kids.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter