Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Monday, November 02, 2009

Back for more...

So, as it turns out, this was everything I could have wanted to satisfy my thirst for zombie-stomping action:



But, apparently because they love us,* Valve decided to release this as well:



On the plus side: the sequel includes melee weapons. So, if you've dreamed of beating the snot out of the undead with cooking implements, now is your chance. On the minus side: the tank is wearing half-broken overalls. Leaving aside the issue of where he found a set in his size, much less the intelligence required to put them on, there's just the fact that it's a tired old stereotype. Yes, of course, it's set in the south so there just has to be a giant guy in half-broken overalls running to and fro. And as long as we're on the subject, if the game adopts anything else from Deliverance, I do not want to know.

At least now I know what to buy my brother-in-law for Christmas.**


* I'm kidding, of course. They did it because they could make a ton of money. That said, Valve has a very good track record of making money by producing genuinely awesome games, so I don't really begrudge them that.

** As it turns out, my brother-in-law is as fascinated by zombies as I am. Woot!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter