Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Monday, December 14, 2009

The exams cometh...

Hey kids! I'm busy grading exams right now and am therefore both too busy and too grumpy to blog. In the case of the former, it's because I have to grade on a schedule at my university. In the case of the latter, it's because you can only read so many exams before you want to start drinking. This is doubly so when you get answers like, "I think the answer to this question is X, but I guess the answer could also be Y". Um... yeah, you wanna pick one for me? Because it isn't fair to the other students if they had to settle on ONE answer but you get to scatter-shot me with TWO.

Anyway, for any of you who are also mired in grading hell, please enjoy this uplifting music video that combines an awesome tune with really, really absurd visuals.



Ninja stars? Head banging? Gigantic hair? It's like I'm in middle school again!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Ken Houghton said...

I was always fond of those who offered "the answer could be X or Y because/depending on..." and stated the reason(s) they were uncertain.

The wishy-washy "maybe X maybe Y" with no explanation, otoh, got dinged even if X happened to be more appropriate (time wasted by then causing me to waste time; bad resource allocation is bad resource allocation).

Monday, December 14, 2009 12:48:00 PM  
Blogger Drek said...

Yeah, if they were just answering the question with absurd thoroughness I wouldn't be annoyed. Without being specific, just trust me that it was clearly a case of, "I don't know the answer for sure, so I'm going to try and increase my chances of guessing right by guessing twice."

Monday, December 14, 2009 2:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter