Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Friday, January 22, 2010

Okay, so what was awkward.

The Scene: Drek is riding the bus to work surrounded by fellow passengers. A somewhat strange man is sitting next to Drek while a young woman sits on the bench across the aisle.

Man: Hey, do I know you?

Woman: Um.... I don't think so.

Man: I could swear I know you... OH!

Woman: What?

Man: You look just like a neighbor I used to have!

Woman: Oh, really?

Man: Yeah, yeah! She had hair just like yours! You look just like her.

Woman: Wow.

Man: I used to look at her house when I'd walk past it, you know? She looked just like you.

Woman: Uh-huh.

Man: Once I looked in her window and saw her walking around naked.

Woman: ...

Drek: Okay, that's enough.

Man: Huh?

Drek: No. You're done. Just... that's it.


Rarely has a bus ride felt more awkward than that.


As a side note: No, I don't think he was completely okay mentally. And no, that didn't make the situation any less uncomfortable.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter