Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Friday, February 12, 2010

Ask a silly question...

Every now and then I like to use the blog as a forum for a little bit of Q&A. Recently, for example, a gentleman named Ralph* responded to one of my posts dealing with the defacing of a Wicca prayer circle at the U.S. Air Force Academy, with the following question:

WHY IS IT AUTOMATICALLY ASSUMED THAT CHRISTIANS WERE INVOLVED IN THIS?!??!

ROMAN CATHOLICS ALSO USE THE CROSS AS A SYMBOL!!!!
[emphasis original]


And to this I can only respond: Ralph, I think you just answered your own question. Now, like VorJack, I have to admit that I find lots of the internal spats between subtle variations of the same faith to be supremely uninteresting. As far as I'm concerned Roman Catholics, Eastern Orthodox, Greek Orthodox, Protestants, and Mormons are all Christians. Christians with different doctrines, yes, but part of the same family. Nevertheless, Ralph, I do have to observe that your vehement eagerness to reject Roman Catholicism probably helps explain- if only a little- why in this case folks are looking in your general direction.**

I'm just sayin' is all.


* I should probably note that Ralph's blog is such an eye searing nightmare that it's either a really, really involved work of parody, or he's on roughly the same level as Greg Buell or Gene Ray. I'm more or less going to assume the former because I prefer not to be terrified of my neighbors.

** It's probably also that the Air Force Academy previously got in trouble for reports that evangelical Christianity was being pushed on cadets so, you know, it's fairly natural- though not necessarily fair- for people to suspect that group in this case.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger scripto said...

Thanks a lot for linking to Ralph's blog. Now my brain will never be clean. What's PIAP, anyway? I wondered around a while but never figured it out. Did he misspell PRIAPIC? Or PAPIST?

Friday, February 12, 2010 5:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter