Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A bold look for a bold journal

So, like many of you, I recently received the latest issue of the American Sociological Review. This is evidently the first issue to ship from the new editorship and I'm pleased to see that a number of interesting-looking articles are in it. At the same time, I was somewhat surprised by the new look:



That's definitely a bold change from the sorts of covers we've seen previously, and I'm forced to commend the willingness to move in a new direction. And yet, I couldn't help but feel like I've seen this sort of thing somewhere before. Why does this cover seem so familiar?

And then it hit me...

The new ASR really does look like something I'm familiar with:



Unintended resemblance, or subtle hint from the editors: you make the call!


As a side note: This is all meant in jest and good fun, I have nothing but fondness for the ASR, please don't reject my papers out-of-hand. Thank you.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Michael said...

Dashing and stylish!

A win-win with a glass if I ever saw one.

Friday, March 26, 2010 8:03:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter