Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Friday, March 26, 2010

It's here!

Some of you may remember as far back as last November when I gave you a homework assignment. That assignment was, in short, to find me a copy of the special "Ray Comfort Edition" of Charles Darwin's "On the Origin of Species." You remember Ray Comfort, right? He's the guy who claims that bananas are the atheist's worst nightmare. I wouldn't know about that, although if I eat too many bananas in a week it gives me indigestion something fierce. I don't think that's what Ray means, though. Regardless, Ray Comfort printed Darwin's great book but this time put his own wacky introduction at the front, spewing creationist nonsense right there along side Darwin's theory. Moreover, he decided to distribute these books on college campuses and, seeing as how I work at a college campus, I wanted one.

Sadly, my efforts to get one myself were thwarted in no small part because Ray decided to do the book drop a day early. So the carefully prepared book-seeking machine that is my readership was unable to do my bidding. Well, poop!

But then, when I thought all hope was lost, came socygirl with the news that she had obtained a copy! And, even better, she was willing to send it to me. We worked out a means for relaying said volume anonymously, and then I settled in for the wait. And so, you can probably guess what I found waiting for me when I got home from work yesterday:





Fucking. Awesome.

You have no idea how pleased I am right now, especially given how very far this book had to travel in order to get to me. And so please give socygirl a round of applause for managing the damn near impossible.

And socygirl: I totally owe you!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous socygurl said...

Hey!
I'm so glad it made it! I was stressing about it the other day. I always get very excited when the postal system works.

It's always nice to have a favour stashed away.

Apparently the introduction is a real piece of work.

Monday, March 29, 2010 1:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter