Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Friday, March 19, 2010

You know, I think I've seen that film...

This pretty much sums up why I try to avoid watching meaningful films: because I've seen them all already, even when I haven't.



Then again, if you were going to do the same thing with my preferred genre,* the archetypal trailer would just feature a lot of explosions, actresses in tight body suits, and excessively anthropomorphic aliens,** so I suppose I ought not throw too many stones.



* That is to say, sci-fi. And preferrably not sci-fi that is trying to be "meaningful" because, as a general rule, hollywood sucks at grasping what is meaningful or interesting in sci-fi.

** Or, if you're really lucky, a merger of several of these categories.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter