Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Monday, June 28, 2010

That indelible stain: Blogiversary!

Well, well, well. Lookee here, kids. Today we have ourselves an occasion. What occasion might that be? Nothing too fancy- just the sixth anniversary of the founding of my own little craptacular corner of the internet. Yep, that's right: today Total Drek is six years old. And in blog years, that makes it pretty much methuselah.

Honestly, it's hard for me to know how to feel on an occasion like this. I started blogging because... um... yeah, why did I start blogging? I haven't the foggiest notion, really, which more or less sums up my sense of why I keep blogging now. Well, more accurately, I keep blogging now because that's what I do. I blog. Otherwise I wouldn't a blogger. Duh! Yet, despite my very real uncertainty about why I started doing this, and why I have continued to do this, I do derive a degree of enjoyment from it. I've met some neat, and funny, people thanks to blogging. I get to hang out with some pretty fun folks at the ASAs thanks to blogging. Hell, some folks have even sent me real books in the actual mail because they know me via blogging. And on some level I suppose it keeps me slightly sane by making sure I think about something other than sociology at least once a day.

So does this mean the blog will continue for a seventh year? Eh. Probably. I'll admit that I've considered closing it down of late, given how busy I am, but somehow I just haven't been able to bring myself to do it. So, for better or worse, it will probably stagger drunkenly onward, giving me a vehicle with which to make an ass of myself. As though I needed help in that department! And hey, there will even be a surprise or two in store for y'all this year, so get ready. For those of you who have been traveling with me for a while, thank you. For those who are new, welcome to the bizarre and tacky journey I call a blog. And for those people who don't read the blog... whatever. You can't hear me anyway.

Aren't you special?

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jay Livingston said...

Congratulations. Hang in there.

Wednesday, June 30, 2010 7:58:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter