Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Friday, July 16, 2010

A rather drastic approach to staffing issues.

Over the years I've sometimes attempted to dilute my responsibility for this blog by adding co-bloggers. Indeed, you can see a list of some of those who have been added- and who retain publishing privileges- at the top of the page:



This effort has met with poor success as, despite all my efforts, I write the majority of posts and have done so for years. I do not blame my co-bloggers, who after all have better things to do with their time, and there have been periods when they have labored mightily on the blog's behalf, but it is nevertheless the case that I have largely been carrying this electronic bitch around all by myself. I have often wondered if there might be some way to recruit a co-blogger who would stick with it, who would relieve me of responsibility for this thing on a more or less consistent basis, and have never managed to quite come up with a viable option. Until now, that is. Some of you may recall that recently, on my sixth blogiversary, I mentioned that there would be a surprise or two in store for you, my gentle readers, in the coming year. And this is so, because I am announcing today that in the near future we will be joined by a new personality here at Total Drek! Specifically, we will be joined by a personality that I feel confident will be able to carry on in the grand half-assed traditions of this blog and, with a little luck, perhaps even improve upon them. Who is this person, you ask? Who is joining us at Total Drek? Ladies and gentlemen, please allow me to introduce:

My daughter.



Yep, I'm pleased to announce that my wife and I are expecting our first child, Jezebel Lillith the Uninteresting. Now, you might wonder how it is that I can know that little Jezlil will be able to make a valuable contribution to the blog. And in answer, I ask you to take a closer look at that picture of her. Her body is on the left, her head is on the right, and if you look carefully you can see her little arm and hand. It's not quite there, but you can already see her trying to make a facepalm. Here, I'll help you out:



See? It's as though she already knows about Conservapedia! And if she can sense the stoopid even from the womb, I think we can all agree that she may well become the mightiest blogger ever. Or, you know, a really fun little girl.

Either way, though, the next few years promise to be pretty awesome.

Labels: , , , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger scripto said...

"Either way, though, the next few years promise to be pretty awesome"

If by the next few years you mean the rest of your life, then, yes, you are correct. Congratulations. And as for the future of Drek's Book Club, you'll be wanting to do whatever mother-to-be wants you to do. Trust me on this.

Friday, July 16, 2010 9:43:00 AM  
Blogger Mister Troll said...

Congrats!

Friday, July 16, 2010 9:43:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scripto is a wise man.

-Drek's Sainted Wife

Friday, July 16, 2010 12:44:00 PM  
Anonymous tina said...

Holy cannoli, that's a big head!

Congratulations to all responsible parties.

Friday, July 16, 2010 7:19:00 PM  
Blogger JLT said...

You DO go to great length to get a co-blogger...
Joking aside, great news, congrats!

Saturday, July 17, 2010 4:15:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the little Drekling!

Saturday, July 17, 2010 5:27:00 AM  
OpenID sassafrasjunction said...

Yay! Congrats, Drek! If she's face-palming now, imagine what she'll think of the 2012 election!

Saturday, July 17, 2010 7:03:00 AM  
Anonymous Jonas Wisser said...

Congratulations!

Saturday, July 17, 2010 10:30:00 AM  
Anonymous Fabio Rojas said...

Congrats! She'll be Dreklet the Interesting!!!

Saturday, July 17, 2010 9:18:00 PM  
Anonymous socygirl said...

Congratulations!

Saturday, July 17, 2010 10:45:00 PM  
Blogger Warbler said...

WOW!

wowowowowow

So cool, you guys. I can see the source of many many Drek posts for the future.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 9:20:00 AM  
Blogger scripto said...

That reminds me - is the Mrs. going to do that underwater birthing thing with the dolphin midwife? That would be awesome.

Paging Dr. Flipper. Dr. Flipper to the birthing pool. Dr. Flipper to the birthing pool, please.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 10:08:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter