Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Monday, November 01, 2010

Apparently I have staying power.

This will not be an entertaining blog post. Rather, this will be a blog post in which I ask you, the reader(s), for advice. You see, I have a problem. As a blogger I have certain responsibilities- namely, following other bloggers. As I don't want to spend all damned day clicking around to various webpages I, like many others, have been using an aggregator. My aggregator of choice has for some time been Bloglines, a service that has few features, but was free and easily accessible from any computer. Only now, after many years of faithful* service, Bloglines is closing down.

Yes folks, that's right: my blog has actually outlasted Bloglines.

In any case, the problem is that Bloglines has closed down as of today, and I need a new aggregator.** And so, I turn to y'all to give me helpful tips. My needs are as follows:

-Cheap
-Easy to use
-Either web-based or compatible with OSX

Other than that, the field is wide open.

So, any thoughts?



* Actually, it was never really that faithful. It was always, to be honest, a bit crappy.

** This is also a veiled hint that I may not be watching my blog pals quite as closely as normal for a while. Sorry!

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Ken Houghton said...

Bloglines is gone?

I've been using Google Reader as my aggregator. It must be good--it keeps putting Total Drek above most of the other blogs I read, on the occasions that DtU posts.

Monday, November 01, 2010 9:42:00 AM  
Anonymous LuckyJimJD said...

Another vote for Google Reader. It satisfies all the stated criteria. If you want something prettier to look at, you can combine Google Reader with Feedly (which, besides a nice looking interface, also adds some handy sharing features).

Monday, November 01, 2010 9:50:00 AM  
Blogger ΕΡΜΕΣ said...

i like feedly

Monday, November 01, 2010 10:10:00 AM  
Blogger Tom Bozzo said...

I use NetNewsWire -- http://netnewswireapp.com/mac/ -- as a Google Reader front-end for OS X. NNW is either ad-supported (in a fairly unobtrusive way), or you can pay $15 to can the ads.

Monday, November 01, 2010 12:03:00 PM  
Anonymous John said...

I also use Google Reader.

Monday, November 01, 2010 12:41:00 PM  
Blogger tina said...

Google Reader!

Tuesday, November 02, 2010 3:54:00 AM  
Blogger Mister Troll said...

I, for one, also welcomed our Google [reader] overlords.

Tuesday, November 02, 2010 4:01:00 AM  
Anonymous jessica said...

I switched to Google Reader last month after learning of Bloglines impending demise.

I miss Bloglines, but GR serves its purpose.

Tuesday, November 02, 2010 7:17:00 AM  
Anonymous Timo said...

If you have access to your own webserver, tt-rss is good. http://tt-rss.org/

Wednesday, November 03, 2010 3:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter