Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Apparently my reputation precedes me...

A loyal reader recently made me aware of this, which is just too funny not to share:

Via a comment in Seanan McGuire’s LJ, I see that romance author Susan Andersen has discovered a typo in the digital version of one of her books:

"He stiffened for a moment but then she felt his muscles loosen as he shitted on the ground."

Shifted — he SHIFTED! God, I am so appalled, not to mention horrified that anyone would think that’s what I wrote.


When Chris read this to me, I had to wonder:

Me: Do you think she’s horrified that people would think she wrote that her character took a dump, or that they’d think she wrote shitted instead of shat?

Chris: She’s a romance novelist. They generally don’t work blue.

We were both reminded of a (possibly apocryphal) story from decades back (which I think I first encountered on GEnie’s SFRT), in which a romance author not only named her hunky male sex object Drek, but opened her book with “Drek was hard and brown from long hours in the sun.”


Thanks- I work out.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

OpenID sassafrasjunction said...

Is Drek the metaphorical name for the shit on the ground? Long, brown, hard from the sun?

Thursday, September 15, 2011 10:24:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter