Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Friday, October 07, 2011

The Overton Window: Intermission

Hey folks. Normally today we'd have an episode of our ongoing series on The Overton Window, a book so bad that it defies logic. Unfortunately, however, between necessary childcare duties, and the fact that my new department has lots of work for me to do, I just didn't have the time to get the episode finished. Take heart, however, because next week we'll have a pretty long episode and this week... well... I found you the short version of the whole book:



Don't thank me,* I did it all for you. See you next week.


* No, really, don't. Actually listening to that much Glenn Beck might lower your IQ but a dozen points and I don't want that responsibility.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Ken Houghton said...

We're all amazed you have been as consistent as you have.

And, G-d, that's more IQ-reducing than most of my office's conference calls. Though it does leave me with one question, phrased as politely as possible:

Where the FUCK is the journey/transition in his "novel" by that name? So far, the "lead" character has gotten wasted in bar, picked up a girl, and been presented with horseshit from his father that is supposed to be explanatory.

It's as if Beck and co-author were taking the final exchange in The Big Chill seriously:

JEFF GOLDBLUM: I'm going to write my novel. It's going to be about this weekend.

GLENN CLOSE: What were you going to write about before.

GOLDBLUM: Last weekend.

(from memory, but you get the gist)

Friday, October 07, 2011 1:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter